Friday, June 27, 2008

Father's Day

Well I posted on Mother's Day but didn't on Father's day. I should have. For the first time in many years I spent part of the day with all of my decedents - my daughters and my grandsons. In years past someone always had something else that needed to be done. But this year, out of the blue, my oldest daughter calls and wants to know the plans for Father's Day. This action might seem normal for most people but for my oldest it was a great change of direction. And I've got to admit I really enjoyed having all of them here. My wife cooked an extraordinary meal and then everyone had to leave. But for just a few hours it was spectacular - one of those days that you wish occurred every day. Even if it never happens again, I will always treasure this Father's Day.

No comments: